Facilities and Grounds Maintenance
East Windsor, CT 06088
Job Summary: Janitor responsible for various duties related to the cleaning and maintenance of assigned building areas. Performs routine repairs as scheduled or as necessary. Conducts preventive maintenance of equipment as scheduled. Maintains an appropriate inventory of cleaning and maintenance supplies.
Pay Rate: $13-15.00/hour depending on experience
Schedule: Monday thru Friday: 8 am-4:30 pm.
Building & Grounds Maintenance Duties:
- Performs a variety of routine servicing and repair operations to buildings, equipment, furnishings fixtures, and maintains grounds in proper condition, including lawn care, tree removal and snow removal as required.
- Performs preventive maintenance and safety inspections on equipment as required.
- Moves office furniture( cabinets, desks, chairs, etc.) when needed.
- Moves archive files to storage areas as needed.
- Power wash auction lanes on a weekly basis using manual and ride-on machines.
- Inspects completed work to ensure compliance with OSHA regulations and local building codes
- Performs all phases of cleaning operations including but not limited to lavatories, floors, and overall common areas cleanliness.
- Light electrical work-changing light bulbs and ballast, etc.
- Required to operate electric lifts and floor cleaning equipment.
- Required to operate and drive company vehicles and other heavy equipment/vehicles daily.
- Will be subject to outside elements such as rain, snow, heat and cold weather.
- Noise level is usually moderate, however on Auction days the noise level is loud.
Additional Duties may include but not limited to:
- Move vehicles around the auction lot or to other designated locations for storage or repair purposes.
- Auction day duties may include moving dealer cars through auction lanes or to designated parking spaces in the lot.
- Administering basic first aid to employees or dealers until paramedics arrive.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- At least 2 years’ experience in electrical, HVAC, landscaping, and cleaning
- Knowledge of basic mechanical repair
- First Aid certification preferred
- Must have clean driving record and valid driver’s license
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Must have current automotive car insurance certificate
- Must Pass a Pre-employment Drug Test
Please call 860-752-0874, ext. 1. Ask for Jessica